This road is pretty new to me of healing from spiritual manipulation. Its a journey with bumps, curves and steep hills. Being manipulated builds a wall to strive to never be hurt again. But this mentality locks us out of the good life God has in store for us. It places us in a waiting room wait stagnation and frustration. When we get hurt we have to learn the lessons but not build walls. Healing is so important. The way we heal is we talk to our healer. We tell God our deepest pain and we pray for him to clean our hearts and renew a right spirit in us. Healing puts us back on the shelf to love others. Healing puts us back on the self to receive the things God has for us. When we are closed off we cant be connected with God. We can say all day we were a victim but it’s important to identify the inner battle of how we got connected with being manipulated. For me, I battled rejection and longing to be connected with others and not knowing who I was in Christ and longing for others to tell me. Our identity can only be found in Jesus.
So we talked all about the hard parts of spiritual manipulation but there is hope because yes there is life after spiritual manipulation and I can testify.
Tips on Moving Forward:
- Go Back to Church: This may not be you but sometimes after experiencing major hurt we leave the church Get back up and get back in fellowship. Don’t be dismayed.
- Trust Again: Everyone isn’t out to get you. Ask God for help
- Repent to God for placing people and things before him. Trying to figure out who we are and seeking outside of God is not okay
- Get in the word for yourself. It’s so important to know what God says for yourself. God is the ultimate teacher.
- Be intentional about time with God. Put time aside.
- Ask God for advice and take it. Don’t be in a rush slow down and wait to hear God’s answer. Find the advice you need in the word of God. You would be surprised when you search what you will find
- Get connected with people who are walking the walk.
Thank you for reading this series hope it blessed you.
If you have not accepted Jesus in your heart, and you would like to, here is a prayer you can pray. Get connected in a good loving based church.
Lord Jesus, for too long I’ve kept you out of my life. I know that I am a sinner and that I cannot save myself. No longer will I close the door when I hear you knocking. By faith, I gratefully receive your gift of salvation. I am ready to trust you as my Lord and Savior. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for coming to earth. I believe you are the Son of God who died on the cross for my sins and rose from the dead on the third day. Thank you for bearing my sins and giving me the gift of eternal life. I believe your words are true. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus, and be my Savior. Amen. Prayer is from Dr.Ray Pritchard found